- This event has passed.
The use of self, vicarious trauma, self care and compassion – 20 hour workshop
26 Aug 2022 @ 9:30 am - 28 Aug 2022 @ 3:00 pm UTC+8$595
The use of self, vicarious trauma, self care and compassion – 20 Hour Training
You are invited to join Martine McDougall, a mental health professional who works as a mental health clinician and also uses yoga therapeutically as a tool for mental health and wellbeing. This 20-hour training is part of the 100 hour Yoga for Embodiment & Healing Training Program and can be booked as an individual module
As a clinician, yoga teacher, Doctor, nurse, teacher or human service worker we come across people who have suffered trauma on a very regular basis. This training will give you the tools to support yourself whilst undertaking the work of caring for the traumas of others, in doing this work we inevitably experience vicarious trauma and compassion fatique.
In caring for others, and taking on the struggles of the world, we need to learn to make caring for ourselves a priority.
- Practice trauma informed yoga.
- Learning how to care for Self whilst caring for others.
- Gaining an understanding of the role of transference and counter transference when working with others in the context of mental health.
- Learning the warning signs of Trauma Exposure Response and finding balance.
- Exploring and recognising compassion fatique.
Who is this training course designed for?
Yoga Teachers and yoga teachers in training who are interested in expanding their teaching skills and developing more confidence in working with students / clients who suffer from trauma and mental health difficulties. Yoga teachers will develop a much deeper understanding of the concepts of Yoga Psychology and it’s capacity to empower students by providing safe and inclusive yoga practices with awareness.
- Mental Health Professionals who are interested in bringing the body into treatment. There is now a significant body of evidence that has seen a marriage between yoga and Psychology. Neuroscience has shown that the mind and body are intrinsically linked and that trauma resides in the body. It has been my experience that when clients learn to befriend and trust their body, the capacity for clients to engage in therapy in a much safer and satisfying way is achieved. Yoga engages the nervous system teaching distress tolerance by balancing the nervous system, enhancing opportunities for neuroplasticity to occur by moving and breathing in a community setting with intention and on purpose.
- Wellbeing professionals who are interested in the mind body connection and working in a holistic way towards healing and recovery.
- Students of Yoga who are interested in further and deepening their knowledge in the context of ‘self’, working on their own journey towards total wellbeing and personal discovery.
- Teachers, nurses, first responders and all human service workers who come into contact with students/ patients who are distressed and overwhelmed and require significant support and containment. This course will give you the confidence to use grounding and stabilising techniques by using the body, breath and awareness of how the brain responds to anxiety.
Spaces are limited for this training, once the spaces are reserved the bookings will close. All payments are non-refundable to minimise last minute cancellations. You are welcome to substitute a friend in your place should you become unable to attend. Please arrive at 9.15am to get set up on the first day of the workshop on Friday 26th August 2022.
All levels of yoga ability are very welcome. You do not need to be a yoga teacher to attend this training.
Martine is a yoga teacher, a psychotherapist and a certified Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga teacher, who was trained in this modality at The Boston Trauma Centre.
All equipment is provided, there is no need to bring anything except maybe a bottle of water. You are of course welcome as always to bring your own mat if you prefer.
- Friday 26th August 2022 9.30-5pm
- Saturday 27th August 2022 1pm-6pm
- Sunday 28th August 2022 9- 3pm
Payment can be made by bank transfer.
If you would like to pay by bank transfer please see the details below. Please confirm the transfer by email to email@example.com
MA Holdings WA Pty Ltd
BSB 036 069