- This event has passed.
Yoga for Embodiment & Healing – 100 Hour Teacher Training
26 Aug 2022 @ 9:30 am - 30 Apr 2023 @ 3:00 pm UTC+8$2,650
The Yoga Clinic Teacher Training ‘Yoga for Embodiment & Healing’ is a 100 hour teacher training that offers you the opportunity to understand the underpinnings of Yoga Psychology and have more confidence in being responsive to the mental health needs of you students and clients. Students will be able to access Yoga Alliance CPD points for the course, which can be done as a full 100 hour course or by enrolling in individual 20 hour modules.
Yoga and mindfulness practices help to enhance health and happiness by incorporating the principles of neuroscience, neuroplasticity, body/mind communication and supports the cultivation of self awareness. These evidence-based practices can help clients release trauma imprints, calm worried minds, soothe painful emotions, replace harmful thoughts, cultivate compassion, enhance concentration and teach the joys of present moment awareness. Join Martine McDougall to practice interventions that teach your clients how to:
- Normalise mental health issues
- Regulate their emotions
- Relate to their thoughts cultivating a wise mind
- Treat themselves and others kindly
- Focus on cultivating wellness
Who is this training course designed for?
Yoga Teachers and yoga teachers in training who are interested in expanding their teaching skills and developing more confidence in working with students / clients who suffer from trauma and mental health difficulties. Yoga teachers will develop a much deeper understanding of the concepts of Yoga Psychology and it’s capacity to empower students by providing safe and inclusive yoga practices with awareness.
- Mental Health Professionals who are interested in bringing the body into treatment. There is now a significant body of evidence that has seen a marriage between yoga and Psychology. Neuroscience has shown that the mind and body are intrinsically linked and that trauma resides in the body. It has been my experience that when clients learn to befriend and trust their body, the capacity for clients to engage in therapy in a much safer and satisfying way is achieved. Yoga engages the nervous system teaching distress tolerance by balancing the nervous system, enhancing opportunities for neuroplasticity to occur by moving and breathing in a community setting with intention and on purpose.
- Wellbeing professionals who are interested in the mind body connection and working in a holistic way towards healing and recovery.
- Students of Yoga who are interested in further and deepening their knowledge in the context of ‘self’, working on their own journey towards total wellbeing and personal discovery.
- Teachers, nurses, first responders and all human service workers who come into contact with students/ patients who are distressed and overwhelmed and require significant support and containment. This course will give you the confidence to use grounding and stabilising techniques by using the body, breath and awareness of how the brain responds to anxiety.
What are the modules?
There are 5 modules each consisting of 20 hours of study. The course can be done as a whole 100 hour course or participants can choose to do the modules individually.
Each modules run over 20 hours on:
Friday 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday – 1pm – 6pm
Sunday – 9am – 3pm
Module 1 – August 26, 27th & 28th 2022
The use of self, vicarious trauma, self-care and compassion
- Learning how to care for Self whilst caring for others.
- Gaining an understanding of the role of transference and counter transference when working with others in the context of mental health.
- Learning the warning signs of Trauma Exposure Response and finding balance.
Module 2 – October 28th, 29th & 30th 2022
Trauma Informed Yoga
- Learning the theory behind trauma informed yoga.
- Learning the differences between trauma sensitive yoga and trauma informed yoga and having a clear awareness of the necessity to have adequate training to use trauma sensitive yoga as a trauma treatment as opposed to creating a trauma informed class.
- Understanding how to create a safe space in which to work with survivors of trauma.
- Practicing the utilisation of invitational language, choice making and supporting students to practice having present moment experiences.
Module 3 – December 3rd, 4th & 5th 2022
Yoga For Anxiety and Depression
- Exploration of the neurobiology of anxiety and depression.
- Normalising anxiety as a necessary and adaptive behaviour for survival and understanding the role of genetics, personality, environmental and situational factors and attachment style in determining how to work with your student / client.
- The role of the nervous system and gaining an understanding of left and right brain presentations of anxiety and depressions and the need to be able to recognise both.
- Teaching postures, breathing and mindfulness techniques that can be utilised to create a program that is suitable for a group and for individuals depending on the type of class or presentation of the individual.
Module 4 – February 3rd, 4th & 5th 2023
Yoga Psychology & the neuroscience of pain and stress related disorders
- The interaction between body and mind, Breath and Energy.
- The sensory motor mind (manas)
- Memory and repression (chitta)
- The sense of “I” (Ahankara)
- Attachment and relationships.
- The Psychology of Pain and the process of change
- The Chakra system – The 7 centres of consciousness.
- Modern Day applications of Yoga Psychology for anxiety, depression, mood disorders, phobias, eating disorders, drug addictions, childhood disorders.
Module 5 – April 28th, 29th & 30th 2023
Yin for the Nervous System
- Gaining an understanding of how to use Yin as a healing and restorative practice.
- Learning to support students to use their bodies to calm the nervous system.
- The use of meditation and pranayama in Yin classes
- Understanding the link between meridian theory and the chakra system and the embodiment of emotions.
- The concept and importance of Chi.
Meet your teacher:
Martine McDougall is a Senior Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist and an Accredited Mental Health Practitioner. Martine has worked in the area of Mental Health for many years in both the public mental health system and in private practice. Martine is also a 500 hour trained yoga teacher having completed her training with 8 Limbs, she has also completed Yin yoga training with Jo Phee. Martine has completed a further 300 hours with the Boston Trauma Centre completing the Trauma Sensitive Yoga teacher training and is an accredited facilitator of Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga.
Yoga for Embodiment & Healing
This course has a rolling start and can be started with any module.
- Full course can be purchased by booking below or modules can be attended separately. Individual modules will be advertised on the website separately.
- When enrolling in the full course, you can start with any of the 5 modules and once all are completed, full certification will be awarded.
- This course is accredited with Yoga Alliance International (Australia). The Yoga Clinic is a CEAS Provider (Continuing Education Accredited School).
Full course costs $2,650
Please note dates may be subject to change, please check the website for up to date information.
Bookings can be made by sending payment by direct transfer. Upon receipt confirmation and a tax receipt will be issued.
Please confirm the transfer by email to email@example.com
MA Holdings WA Pty Ltd
BSB 036 069