Trauma Centre Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
Trauma Centre Trauma-Sensitive Yoga works in conjunction with conventional clinical therapies to support healing by gently assisting survivors to reconnect with their bodies in a safe supportive environment. This unique yoga therapy supports the body to feel safe, strong and comfortable and teaches people how to recognise and modulate arousal that is felt in the body. TC-TSY brings the body into treatment complementing conventional talk therapies and can support healing and recovery by:
- Soothing the bodies alarm system
- Learning ways to calm down and self regulate
- Presenting opportunities for present moment experiences and cultivating positive emotions
- Increasing spatial awareness and body attunement
- Practicing making choices and presenting opportunities to take effective action
- Reduce activation of the sympathetic nervous system, muscle tension and blood pressure.
This is an 8 week group program and is designed to support participants who are engaged in therapy currently. Medicare rebates are possible through your GP for 6 classes.The rebate for this class will not impact your Medicare funded rebate for your individual therapy. Download a copy of a letter to present to you GP here.
This class has a maximum of 10 participants and all students must pre book prior to the commencement of the course. Classes are 60 minutes for group sessions. Please contact us to discuss or by calling Martine directly on 0409 177 614 to discuss your suitability for the group sessions.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga is also available on a one to one basis and are 45 minutes for individual sessions. Please contact us to discuss or by calling Martine directly on 0409 177 614 to discuss your suitability for the individual sessions.
Deals on offer & Packages
The Yoga Clinic Perth offer’s a range of class passes, packages, and courses. Visit our packages page.
Book Individual Session
Trauma Centre Trauma-Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) is an empirically validated, adjunctive clinical treatment for complex trauma or chronic, treatment-resistant PTSD. Developed at the Trauma Centre in Brookline, Massachusetts, TCTSY has foundations in Trauma Theory, Attachment Theory, and Neuroscience as well as deep roots in Yoga.
- Began in 2003
- 2009 Received first grant given by National Institute of Health to study yoga for trauma
- 2014 published results in peer-reviewed, psychiatric journal
- 2017 Listed by SAMHSA as an evidence-based practice
Key Research Findings
- 10-weeks of TCTSY reduced PTSD symptoms 33% in women, 18-59 years old, with childhood physical and sexual abuse.
- Two months post treatment, 52% of the women no longer qualified for PTSD diagnosis.
- 20-weeks of TCTSY reduced PTSD symptoms 45% in women, 18-59 years old, with childhood physical and sexual abuse.
- 20-weeks of TCTSY significantly reduced dissociative symptomatology.
For more information, please visit www.traumasensitiveyoga.com