This 6 month continued learning mentorship programme is open to teacher trainees who are currently completing their 200hr or beyond course or teachers who have completed a Teacher Training Certificate (min 200 hours).
This mentorship is aimed at giving teachers a thorough understanding around incorporating yoga as part of body oriented therapies. It is intended for teachers who wish to incorporate a trauma focused lens on their teaching and for those who wish to develop their understanding of the principles of teaching students with anxiety and depression in a safe, inclusive and healing way.
From the time of my very first job in a greengrocers at age 14 until now, I have realised that regardless of what we do, we relate and form relationships with others, WE are triggered by others and at times they are very much triggered by US, as we all experience the ‘other’ through our the lens of our own experience.
Your mentor is Martine McDougall, director of The Yoga Clinic Perth. Martine is the founder of The Yoga Clinic, a dedicated Yogi, passionate Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist and Psychotherapist. Martine has over 1000 hours of yoga teacher training, she has done 500hours of training with 8 Limbs under the tutelage of Monica Gauci and Gregor Maehle and has furthered her training at The Boston Trauma Centre and has become a facilitator of Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga. Martine is also a trained Yin teacher having trained with Jo Phee and a trained Wellness Medical QiGong teacher.
The Mentorship Includes:
- Participating in Trauma Sensitive Yoga classes and Yoga for Anxiety classes to get an understanding of how they are taught and to get first hand experience of how the classes support the nervous system.
- Working in a real class setting with guidance and assistance.
- Develop the knowledge and skills around adjust different bodies safely, when to adjust and when not to adjust and how to modify a students practice based on their individual needs.
- Received ongoing constructive feedback and support from your mentor as you develop into a teaching role
- Fortnightly one on one session with your mentor (13 sessions valued at $ 1,105)
- Unlimited email and phone support during the 6 month programme
- The opportunity to practice teach Teaching 2 classes with a trauma informed lens to develop therapeutic teaching skills.
On successful completion you will receive a Certificate of Completion which goes towards your CPD points with Yoga Australia/Yoga Alliance.
How to Book and Pay:
Bookings can be made by sending payment by direct transfer. Upon receipt confirmation and a tax receipt will be issued.
Please confirm the transfer by email to email@example.com
MA Holdings WA Pty Ltd
BSB 036 069
Yoga teachers step into a profession that comes with a lifelong trajectory of learning, inquiry and continued education. The first years of a new teacher’s career are vital in planting the seeds of teaching with intuition, compassion and knowledge. If you want to grow as a yoga teacher and gain live experience teaching classes then look no further! This program is aimed at yoga teachers who want to learn how to teach students through a trauma focused lens and for those who want to be able to safely and competently include students who suffer from anxiety, depression and other mental health issues.
THE YOGA CLINIC
YOGA FOR WELLBEINGREAD MORE
The Yoga Clinic focuses on holistic mental and physical wellbeing.